Saturday, October 19, 2013

Drunken Stampers # 146 Thing: Wood

Hello and welcome to another challenge at the Drunken Stampers Challenge blog! As you may know, this term is all about a Person, Place or Thing. This week is a thing: Wood. You can use any wood or woodgrain element on your project!


It's team Tropical Hooters turn this week, and here is what I came up with:


...and the inside:

Hahahaha! I lurvs me a great punch line on the inside of my cards! I colored some wood word bubbles with Glimmer Mists and used some woodgrain paper for my card. The stamp I used had four ladies on it, but I masked just this one because of how she was posed. And yes, I caved to a current trend and bought a small bag of sequins. The inside sentiment was printed out on my computer. (If you don't have a stamp that says what you want, then Microsoft Word to the rescue! LOL!)

I hope you get the chance to play along with the Drunken Stampers this week! Please be sure to stop by the other members of team Tropical Hooters to see what they came up with! Have a great day!

Chris
Supplies
Stamps: Hampton Arts/G45 - Fashionista Ladies
Ink: Memento - Gray Flannel
DP: MME - Dolled Up
Card stock: Recollections
Accessories: Recollections - wood word bubbles; Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Aquamarine, Yellow Daisy, Terracotta  Candy Apple Red; Nicole - sequins; Fiskars - Romantique corner rounder; inside sentiment printed from Microsoft Word.

10 comments:

  1. I love your funny cards, Chris! Those speech bubbles are perfect for the image and the colours are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like trends that are affordable -- like sequins! They are the perfect complement to those shimmery wood speech bubbles. And your punchline is perfection! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I laughed out loud at this one! What a fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card! What a great punchline and cool speech bubbles! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bahahahaha!! I love it-- it was totally unexpected! AndI love the word bubbles- so fun. And aren't you clever--- masking off the other ladies to get the one with the perfect pose!! And great reminder to use word to create sentiments.... sometimes I cannot find what I want to say! Another winning week for the Hooters!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH YES - if I received this card, I would seriously spit reading it :) Love that fashionista lady - and the corner punch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muahhhhh ha ha ha ha ha that is freakin awesome! All about you, funny when I read it I thought it was all about ME!!!! Sequins...sequins....must get me some sequins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, no, Donna, it's obviously about me! I love that lady by herself. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You, do make me chuckle with your witty sentiments, Chris! Totally brings a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome design! i love the veneer speech bubbles!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.