Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Shopping Our Stash #134: Miss You

Hello and happy Tuesday my peeps! It's time for new challenge at Shopping Our Stash! This week's challenge is to make a card or project for someone you miss! We all have family and friends across the miles that we don't get to see as often as we would like. Perhaps you know someone in the armed forces that is currently deployed overseas. Well, this is the perfect challenge for you to make a card to let them know how much you miss them!

Here is the card I made for your viewing pleasure:


Here's the inside:

All the paper I used is from the Green Stack from DCWV (the original one, from 2008!) Go me! I did some fussy cutting and popped the beaver, snail and flower on foam squares to give some dimension to those elements. On the center part of the flower, I used some glitter glue to add some sparkle. A couple sentiments stamped and this card was done! So easy, and look how stinkin cute it looks! (If I do say so myself!)

I hope you get a chance to play along with this challenge at Shopping Our Stash!  Be sure to stop by my teammies blogs to see what they all came up with! Thanks for hanging out with me and I hope you have a great day!

Chris
Supplies
Stamps: Unity Stamps - May 2012 KOM; Simon Says Stamp - On Edge
Ink: Staz On - Jet Black
DP: DCWV - the Green Stack
Accessories: glitter glue; Fiskars corner rounder
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent, 3D foam squares

8 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Chris! Your image is so cute!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when the papers do most of the work and all you need to do is some fussy cutting and stamp a sentiment. Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute Chris! What's not to love aboot (ya I said aboot) a beaver, a snail and a flower???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stinkin' cute is right! That may be the cutest snail stamp ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i already *LOVED* this card from the outside, but now that i see the inside i love it twice as much! toooooo cute & too awesome! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stinkin' cute, indeed! What an adorable and happy little scene you created here! This just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cutest beaver ever :) Why does it feel so naughty to say that?
    (koff)
    And I was a good girl & even mailed my "miss you" card today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is this the point that I should confess that I have that DCWV stack lying around too?! I swear, I'll use it someday... maybe even for a future challenge. I just discovered the SOS blog so I hope I can play along often. Motivation to use the stuff on hand is good. Anyway, you are spot on, your card is so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.