Thursday, February 6, 2014

2.6.14 A sympathy card...

We all make them. We all need them. But that doesn't mean we have to like it. Yes, I'm talking about the dreaded sympathy card. We just found out that one of Andy's Aunts passed away after years of health issues. (Perhaps it was a blessing in disguise?) So, there I was, up in the craft cave making a card.


Here's the inside. I love this sentiment.

I had half a sheet of white card stock sitting on my desk, so I decided to get out the Distress Inks again and do some blending. After that I spritzed water on top of the colors to blend them a bit more. I die cut the main panel and stamped the sentiment and leaves. I dug into my box-o-bling and found some borders to adhere under it, along with some rhinestones from my stash. Went digging in another drawer and found my twine and tied that around the main panel. The inside is more of the paper I made finished with another sentiment.

This card is based on Retro Sketches #100:


Thanks for hanging out. I hope you get the chance to play along with this challenge. It's their 100th sketch and there's goodies to be had! Stay crafty my friends!

Chris
Supplies
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Good Gab, Botanicals 2; Inkadinkadoo - inside sentiment
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Ranger DI - Broken China, Peeled Paint; Dusty Concord; Antique Linen; Shaded Lilac
DP: ??? I have no clue
CS: Recollections (white, black); Bazzill (green)
Accessories: Grand Calibur, Labels One Nesties: K&Co. - adhesive borders; Doodlebug twine; rhinestones from my stash; water bottle spritzer
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent, 3D foam squares; Glue Dots

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Chris, the watercolour panels are gorgeous! Beautiful sympathy card. Just sorry you had to make one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an incredible panel. I love your spritzing technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. I love the colours you chose - soothing, but not washed out (if you know what I mean...lol) - and it definitely sucks that you had to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, unfortunately we all need these. I just found out yesterday that I'm in need of some of these, myself. This is beautiful! Great classic design with the embossing and die cuts. I really love that fabulous marbled paper you made with the spritzed distress ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the adhesive borders you've used. I need to remember I own some, too. I also love the distressed background. I need to remember to do that, too.

    Is it possible I know too much and can't remember all of it?

    Also, that sentiment (I have it too, of course) looks like "cheapest" sympathy at first glance. My brain works in mysterious ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much stuff to remember? Do what I do. Just get out your pensieve! LOL! (Harry Potter humor. I love it!)

      Delete
  6. You made a very nice card for such a sad occasion. I really like that you included decorating the inside of the card. Very nice, all away around.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.