Thursday, March 27, 2014

Happy Birthday - Mojo Monday #338

Hello and happy Thursday to you! I have a card to share using the sketch from Mojo Monday #338:


Here's the inside:


A couple weeks ago, I was at the beach in NC with my sister and her family. It was supposed to be mid 70's there and we were so looking forward to basking in the sun. Well, it was that warm.....for two days. After Monday? Not so much. If it got up to 52 degrees, we were lucky. And it was soooo windy! First time I've been on the beach walking in jeans, running shoes, winter coat, hat and gloves! That's Cray-Cray!! So, what's a girl to do? Luckily I brought my SN markers and a bunch of images to color, you know, just in case. This was one of them. I did something different also. Usually I'll pick out the papers I want to use first, then color an image based on the colors in the papers. Not this time. I asked my sister to pick out the colors to use for this image. At first I thought they weren't going to go well. But I gotta say, I really love how this turned out! (Way to go, Sandy!) It's kind of hard to see, but I covered the balloon with Glossy Accents. I used the other cut piece of patterned paper and repeated the scalloped circle to finish the inside.

That's it for now. Thanks for hanging out with me, and I hope you have a great day!


Chris
Supplies:
Stamps: Some Odd Girl - Balloon Kaylee; Paper Smooches - Hullabaloo
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Staz On - Jet Black; Ranger DI - Shaded Lilac
DP: Webster's Pages - Hollywood Vogue
CS: Copic - X-Press It; Darice (white); The Paper Co. (blue)
Accessories: Spectrum Noir markers; Sakura - white Gelly Roll pen; Ranger - Glossy Accents; Grand Calibur; Std. circles sm & Lacey circles Nesties; Vellum scrap; Nicole Crafts - sequins
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent, 3D foam squares; Ranger - Glossy Accents

3 comments:

  1. Wearing clothes & shoes at the beach...so wrong. Good call bringing crafty stuff just in case! I should have done that too. So glad to finally catch up with all the awesomeness you've been creating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter clothes on the beach is just not right. Glad you had presence of mind to take your crafty stuff with you. Super cute card, love the sketch but I don't do well with angles on sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable coloring job, Chris! You were smart to bring some supplies with you to the beach! ;) Really love your take on that fun sketch. All the banner strips are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.