Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Here's a card I made...

...that I don't really like. I was basing my design from Mojo Monday #345. (Yes, I'm well aware that there's a new challenge, but I wanted to use this one! LOL!) I wanted to try it not using circles, or butterflies, or flowers. You know, something different. In my head, it sounded like a good idea. Here, tell me what you think:


Here's the inside:

Me? I like the inside much better than the front of the card. Perhaps I should have used bright card stock for the glasses instead of trying to use up those itty bits of DP that I can't ever seem to part with, because, I could use them in the future! (You know what I'm talking about, right?!) 

Anyhoooo, that's my story and I'm sticking with it. Let me know what you think. Or not. ☺ Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

Chris

P.S. Here's the sketch:











Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Free Spirits, Hullabaloo
Ink: Memento - Paris Dusk
DP: DCWV - Summer Magic Stack
CS: Recollections; scrap
Accessories: Grand Calibur; Paper Smooches - Drink Glasses & Flag Tag dies; Cuttlebug EF; Provo Craft - scalloped scissors; Hampton Arts - rhinestones; Darice  - cord
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent, 3D foam squares; Recollections - red tape

6 comments:

  1. I like your attempt to not use circles, and I think the glasses are fine, but maybe the patterns are fighting with each other. What if the top 3 were a solid, like grey, and the bottom was left purple patterned, since it goes with the paper strip on the left? You can add shimmer to the grey shapes to simulate the liquid part of the idea. :)

    Also, tilt each of the glasses the other way so the bottom one points to the right, towards the card opening.

    And THROW AWAY THE SCRAPS! GAH! :D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? Never throw away scraps! :D And I like the card, inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What crazy nutjob thinks we should throw away scraps? *ducks*
    I happen to think the inside would make a terrific front for another card - and I also like the gem bubbles. Fizzy drinks! I may have had some. Or a few. *hiccup*

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's not to like about this card? It's bright and cheery, has bling, makes me want to have a fruity drink AND buy those dies...it's all good sistah!!
    Rock on with yer bad self! You know we're going to gang up on you in a not good way if you start throwing out scraps right????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I think it's fun and festive, and a great take on the sketch. Those drink glasses are fabulous. I really like the mix of prints you used...and the little champagne bubbles you added are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.