Saturday, October 18, 2014

SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS #19 - H is for Hopeful Halloween

For my Just Us Girls post, click here.


How did Edna get my hat?!!!!

Hello crafty peeps! As you may know, October is an important month. It's Breast Cancer Awareness month. Also, Halloween, my favorite holiday, is at the end of the month. So the Sisters decided to combine both of these for a Hopeful Halloween challenge! (Never before attempted, I'm sure!) We would like you to make a Halloween card/project, OR a pink card/project for BCA, OR go all crazy-like and make a pink Halloween card/project!!! Your choice! Of course, I went the crazy-like route - check it:


Here is the inside:

I knew I was going to go with Glinda for my card. (A witch that rocks a fluffy pink sparkly gown? Oh yes!) The dress was a bit too orangey, so I went over it with pink Spectrum Noir markers. (still orangey, but not as bad now!) I distressed and inked the edges with antique linen DI, then dotted the dress, crown and staff with diamond Stickles. As I was looking at Authentique's Thrilling collection, it had a page of labels in it, and the Glenda's Witch's Brew was part of it. Score!! (I'm guessing they changed the 'i' to an 'e' for copyright reasons. Wink!) The paper was more of a stone color, so again I used my SN markers to age it, and also distressed the edges. I added some pink tulle and ribbon under the panels. That tulle started out as white, but I smeared Worn Lipstick DI over it, and blotted off the excess. Cutting a small strip with pinking shears, I gathered it up and stapled it to secure, then glued it on the main panel. I should have waited a while to do that, since the DI didn't dry. At all. And I wound up with blood red fingertips! LOL! The background papers I dug out of the scrap folders. I printed out the inside sentiment and finished the panel with a spider web punch. I based my design from the now ended DS #172

So, now it's your turn. Up for this challenge? Of course you are! Just link up your card/project at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for a chance to be our next Queen of Snark or Princess! Be sure to check out what my teammates and our GD, Pamellia, created for your viewing pleasure!

Thanks for stopping by, now go get your craft on! ☺

Chris

Supplies
DP: G45 - The Magic of Oz; Authentique - Thrilling; scraps
CS: WRMK (pink); Darice (black, cream)
Accessories: Spectrum Noir markers; Ranger - Antique Linen DI & diamond Stickles; Doodlebug twine; May Arts ribbon; inside sentiment computer generated; MS - web punch; tulle from stash
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent, 3D foam squares; Recollections - red tape; Glue Dots; stapler 



11 comments:

  1. Hello Sister Chris! Love your pink Halloween card! It has a hint of fantasy and a hint of elegance, so very well put together! Love the sparkly design in the background and your sentiment on the inside is perfectly Halloweenish (yep, that's a word!).

    Your co-sister, Pamellia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Ohhh Ohhhh....your card so reminds me of WICKED that I am right now singing Defying Gravity!!!
    LOL
    Your card is all kinds of fantastic awesomeness, the image, the papers, the tulle, the inside sentiment...gush...I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous job, I love everything about it. love that border punch, I need that border punch. Wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute and fun designs.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love this. I would have never thought to alter my Oz papers for a pink Halloween card, bowing down to your brilliance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh-mazing. This is so vintage and lovely and I just want it for my own!!! Really pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tulle is just so perfect an embellie! Totally worth the bloody fingertips! And LOL at the copyright...never even thought of it but I bet you're right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun combo, Chris! You absolutely rocked the pink Halloween card here! Love the vintage look and the touches of glam. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice find with the Glenda tag! Good thinking recoloring everything, including your fingers, to get a matched look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blood red fingertips for gorgeous hand-dyed tulle...perfect! You'll have to grab Barb's pink glitter shoes for Glinda. Cool background papers too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.