Saturday, July 18, 2015

JUST US GIRLS #302 Color Week



Hello crafty peeps! It's Color Week at JUST US GIRLS! Sharyn is your hostess this week and she's picked these bright, fun colors for you to play with! Have no fear, you only need to use a minimum of three of them plus any neutrals. Here's what I came up with:


 Here's the inside of my card:

I made this colorful cover plate for the circle cut out. (that you'll see in a future post) ☺ But I just couldn't throw this piece out, so happy accident, I used the same colors for this challenge! Woot Woot! (Of course, my camera was giving me problems and the bright pink looks much darker. Grrr!) I just popped it up on some foam squares after stamping the sentiment. The heart came from the same set and after stamping it, I covered it with Glossy Accents. Once dried, I fussy cut and adhered. For the inside, I glued the negative bits down, using one of the cover plate cuts as a guide. Another sentiment finishes the inside. 

I hope you get the chance to play along this week at Just Us Girls! Please be sure to check out what my super talented teammies, and our July Guest Designer, Linda Beeson, have come up with, and leave them some bloggy love! Remember that if you are pick as Chic of the Week for any of our July challenges, you'll be in the running to be our Guest Designer for the month of September! Good luck and thanks for stopping by!


Supplies:
Stamps: MFT - Written in water color; More Essential Sentiments
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Lady Bug
CS: Bazzill, Darice, WRMK
Accessories: GC; Taylored Expressions - Quatrefoil cover plate; Ranger - Glossy Accent
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D foam squares; Ranger - Glossy Accents

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Chris, love the gorgeous bright colours and such a cool design :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the design and fun colors. Also, love the font of your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the design and fun colors. Also, love the font of your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you carried the pattern to the inside -- awesome card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card...inside and out! Well done Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that background - so colourful. Great sentiment - just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card! Such fun colors on the background! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous use for that cool cover plate die! I LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome design and use of that cover plate! I love the way you added the challenge colors on the background and inside of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the way you pieced it! That's fabulousness (so fiddly but omg gorgeous)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.