Saturday, May 14, 2016

SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS #59 F is for Fugly



Hello crafty peeps, and welcome! We have a new challenge starting today at the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS! F is for Fugly is the theme this time around. (Fugly, as in F%@king Ugly!) Time to break out those heinous papers, those grotesque stamps, those abominable embellishments, and make a card or project with them!

For my card, I used some fugly paper to make a big flower:


 Here is the inside:

I wanted to showcase both sides of this paper, because in my eyes, the patterns/colors are awful. I even found an ugly silk flower from my stash! (the orangey one) I layered it with a couple more flowers and attached it to my paper flower with a brad. I tried to pretty up the card with that butterfly die cut and the sentiment (from a NBUS stamp set I won a few months ago!) Even the inside sentiment saw ink for the first time on this card. (Can't believe I've never used that one before.) I used another non-loved bit of paper for the strip at the top. (Kind of reminds me of a really bad carpet pattern from the 70's) The butterfly body is die cut using the back side of it. It's good to use your stuff! My design is based on the now ended Retro Sketch #214. (Missed it by that much!)

So, now it's your turn to use your fugly craft supplies and make something with them! Just link up at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers so we can admire it! While there, please do check out the amazingly gross creations by my Snarky Sisters, and our newest Guest Designer, Creepy Glowbugg, and leave them some bloggy love! Thanks for visiting!


Supplies:
Stamps: STAMPlorations - Big Greetings; Technique Tuesday - Umpteenth Birthday
Ink: Memento - tuxedo black; Ranger DI - Walnut Stain
DP: Basic Grey; MME(for the record, I like the dp I used from MME, just not from BG)
CS: Darice
Accessories: GC; SB - Standard Lg Circle Nesties; Flowers and brad from my stash; Colorbok - black rhinestones; Memory Box - Vivienne butterfly die
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner; Ranger - Glossy Accents

10 comments:

  1. And you'll never have to see that paper again! Actually I think your card is lovely and your sentiment made me roar with laughter, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you'll never have to see that paper again! Actually I think your card is lovely and your sentiment made me roar with laughter, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh that is some ugly paper but a great card, Wish I thought of the dahlia fold first. awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omgosh, the title of this challenge cracked me up, and your story did, too! I don't think that paper is bad, but I sure did smile over your comments. Love the flower you created. Very creative fold-work! And love the sentiment on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card I think it looks good? lol good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card I think it looks good? lol good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I see nothing fugly at all going on with this card. Turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhhhh liking the new blog banner!!
    Yep, fugly is in the eye of the be(beer)holder...I totally like this one!
    Particularly the snarky sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Somehow, all that fugliness works! I don't know how you did it, but the finished product... not so fugly! And I can't believe you'd never used that inside sentiment before, either. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see that as whole sheets the papers would be horrible, but they way you've used them has turned them into a really pretty flower and card. Great rescue job.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.