Saturday, November 12, 2016

SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS #72 - Z is for Zentangle



Good morning snarky peeps and welcome! This fortnight, the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS is really going to challenge you - we want to see your ZENTANGLE creations! Don't freak out. If the Sisters can do it, so can you! I started out wanting to make a card, but it morphed into a mixed media plaque:







I started out with a recycled piece of cardboard, and punched a couple holes in the upper corners. Covered it with gesso, and once dry, stenciled the gridlock pattern randomly. When that was dry, I painted the entire thing with brown paint, then added copper and bronze paint here and there. (IRL this is pretty shimmery) While that dried, I traced large chipboard letters (so large, I couldn't fit everything on a card, thus the change to mixed media plaque), then set about zendoodling and fussy cutting them. I stamped Sherlock's head and die cut. I covered the letters and Sherlock's head with Matte Medium. While that dried, I found a small texture stamp and stamped around the edges on the plaque. I used Matte Medium to glue all the letters and Sherlock onto the plaque. I added some gears and a fleur-de-lis here and there, and finished with some wire to hang. 

Need more inspiration? Then do yourself a favor and head on over to the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers blog to check out what my Sisters and our Guest Designer, Jessa, have created to wow and amaze you! You won't be disappointed! Have some fun and play along!


Supplies:
Stamps: Riley & Co. - Sherlock; American Crafts - textures
Ink: Staz On - jet black; Memento - Tuxedo Black
CS: Crafter's Companion, scraps
Accessories: Making Memories - chipboard letters; recycled cardboard; Sharpie - fine tip black marker; Plaid - Russet stencil gel; Delta - copper and bronze metallic acrylic paint; ARTplorations - Gridlocked stencil; Golden - gesso & matte medium; Dreamweaver - embossing paste; pallet knife; sponge brush; Tim Holtz - mini gears; Jolee's Boutique - fleur-de-lis; Fiskars - hole punch; Darice - wire; GC; SB - Lg & Sm Classic Oval nesties; Ranger - Glossy Accents

7 comments:

  1. This is great, what a fabulous take on the challenge! I laughed so hard I nearly snorted tea down my nose, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantabulous hanger. I must tell you that at bowling I showed a couple of the ladies my zentangle and some of the others too. One of the girls took quite a liking to yours. was still laughing on her way to the alley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is THE BEST
    I can't even express how much I adore this...for so many reasons!!
    #zentanglerockstar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! Love the sentiment, the zentangling and the whole finished piece
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is all kinds of awesome! Gorgeous piece of art, Chris. (And... ooh! A Sherlock stamp!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow, those letters look really cool! This is so fun, Chris! Made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.