Saturday, January 7, 2017

SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS #75 S is for Stencil



Happy New Year snarky peeps!! I hope the holidays were good to you, and that your new year will be better than last year. ☺ Today starts the first challenge of the new year at the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS! For the next two weeks, we want to see what you create with stencils! Here is my offering:



I was lucky to be the random draw winner for the October challenge at Viva Las Vegas Stamps, and that sentiment was part of the bundle of stamps they sent me. (I tried out for their Design Team, but didn't make the cut. sniff. So I'm calling this a pretty cool consolation prize. *Grin!*) As soon as I stopped LMAO from reading it, I knew I had to use it on my card! 

I stamped 'Midge' and the sentiment on the main panel, and masked her before sponging a few Distress Inks using the Rays stencil by Tim Holtz. Before I removed the stencil, I spritzed Pearl Glimmer Mist onto it. (You can't really see it in this picture, but it's there) I adhered it askew to my card base. I wasn't sure what to stamp on the inside, so for now it remains blank. (But really, how can you top that sentiment on the front?! LOL!)

Now it's your turn to break out those stencils in your stash and use them on a card or project. Be sure to link up at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers so we can admire it! Want more inspiration? Then visit the blogs of my Sistahs, and our Guest Designer, Michele, and leave them some bloggy lovin! 

Thanks for visiting! I hope you have a fantastic day!



Supplies:
Stamps: Riley & Co. - Wondering Midge; VLVS - who lit the fuse...
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Ranger DI - Mustard Seed, Spun Sugar, Festive Berries
CS: TE; Darice
Accessories: GC: Avery Elle - Pierced Rect. dies; Tim Holtz - Rays stencil; Tattered Angels - Pearl Glimmer Mist; MISTI; Inkadinkado - masking paper
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, Thin 3D foam squares

7 comments:

  1. That sentiment is WONDERFUL! Brilliant card
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee Hee, super card awesome sentiment fabulous job you've got the snarky touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has to be the best ever sentiment not purposely bought by a snarky sister. :D And that stencil background! Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO SNARKY! I LOVE it! Is this okay? I mean, it's not all roses and bible quotes and there's something about that idea I really love like a guilty pleasure! hee hee. I think I found a fun new group pf gals to be inspired by!
    Have a warm and wonderful 2017!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an awesome consolation prize!
    I may totally case your card, you know having that image stamp and that stencil...I will just have to find an equally snarky sentiment
    Love the colour blending in your stencil work...sheesh...that's just awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. HahaHA.... definitely a good consolation prize, but they lost out in not snatching you up, my friend! This is a hoot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.