Saturday, September 2, 2017

SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS #92 J is for Jumble


Greetings Snarky peeps!
Edna and the Sisters welcome you to our new challenge at the
J is for Jumble!
What's that mean? We want you to try your hand at a collage! 
Whether it be on a card, layout, canvas, whatever, we want to see it!
I created a mixed media canvas board:


As usual, I stalked Pinterest for inspiration, and came across this lovely collage by Pamela Towns.
(Thank you Pamela for being my muse!) Of course, I took the bones of her
gorgeous creation and went off on a mixed media tangent. 
I really intended to take pictures along the way, but I only got so far, and then 
I got so in the creative zone, I forgot to take more pictures. 

watered down acrylic paint - still wet.
I let this dry overnight.

Once the paint dried, I attached the long strip of ephemera with matte medium.
After that dried, I used a stencil and embossing paste in a couple corners.
I left this to air dry overnight.

At this point, I totally forgot to take pictures.
The hemp cord I braided myself. Except for the flower, sentiment and cord, all
the bits and pieces came from one ephemera pack. The flower was stamped
and fussy cut, and the swirl stamp is from the same stamp set.

 I thought it needed some bling, so I found some
ancient pearls to stick to the center of the flowers.


I'm actually quite pleased by how well this turned out. Collage is
not my strength, so I really fussed about placement of items forever on this.

I hope you find some time to play along in our Jumble challenge at the 
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! I can't wait to see what you create!
Need more ideas? Then do check out what my Sisters and our newest
Guest Designer - Ike have made to inspire you!
Thanks for visiting!



Supplies:
US Art Supply - 5" x 7" canvas panel
DecoArt Americana Acrylic paint - Ultra Blue Deep, Berry Red, Purple Pizzazz
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic paint - Carbon Black
water mister; various paint brushes
K & Co. - ephemera pack; Words & Phrases stickers
Dreamweaver - embossing paste; pallet knife
TCW - stencil
Golden - Matte Medium
Herschberg Schultz - hemp cord
Dare 2B Artzy/Totally Tracey stamps - Power of Flowers
Recollections - card stock
Staz-On - black ink
Ranger - Multi Medium Matte
SA by 3L - 3D & Thin  3D foam squares
Studio 112 - pearls

5 comments:

  1. This is great - I love all the different elements, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to take photos because I suspect you where having too much fun making this gorgeous collage x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be pleased — this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely awesome. I wish I had to nerve to try one. So you say it's not your strong suit but it's perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fab fab fab collagey canvas!!!
    Loves it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.