Sunday, January 14, 2018

We Could Be Heroes

Hello and happy Sunday!
I want to share a tiny canvas that I made.
Tiny as in 4" x 4". 
It's so cool!
Check it:


I've been wanting to use these stamps for a while, but wasn't sure what to
make with them until I saw this month's
challenge at Viva Las Vegas Stamps.

I broke out some green paint and some funky stencils and had a ball!
After prepping the canvas with a coat of Gesso and drying, the lighter green paint was 
painted on. I stamped the sentiment onto tissue paper and adhered it with matt medium.Then that funky circle stencil was used with the darker green paint. Once that
dried I doodled around all the circles with a F-C PITT pen. I used my finger
to smudge Staz On Jet Black ink around the edges, then adhered the David Bowie image
again with matt medium.
Lastly, I used a stencil to add the hash marks with embossing paste.


And yes, all the sides are painted and stenciled also!

As I'm typing this, it just occurred to me that it was two years ago on
January 10th that we lost this amazing artist,
so I'm just going to leave this here:


Thanks for visiting, and I hope you have a great day!



I'd also like to enter this at:
Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #44 - Ring in the new (New craft stash: canvas and stencil)

 


Supplies:
Stamps: Viva Las Vegas Stamps - from plate #1482
Ink: Staz On - Jet Black
Substrate: Jo-Ann 4" x 4" canvas
Golden Gesso and Matt Medium
Deco Art Americana acrylic paint - Irish Moss, Kelly Green
Stencil Ease - kaleidoscope stencil
The Crafter's Workshop - xoxo stencil
tissue paper
Plaid - paint brushes
scrap of white card stock
Faber Castell - medium black Artist PITT pen
Dreamweaver - embossing paste
pallet knife

11 comments:

  1. This is so cool, Chris - love the colours and the striking Bowie image. A great mini canvas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I also meant to say thank you for linking up your project at Craft Stamper's Take It, Make It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wonderful hommage to David. Great design. I like it much.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool ! Thanks for joining us over at VivaLasVegaStamps!
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so cool .... love it! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb canvas!! Thanks for palying along at VLVS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your canvas. Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper January Challenge! Suz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that song! your project has a punky feel perfect for your subject, really like the technique of stamping on tissue paper. Thanks for playing along at Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super awesome!! ! Thank you for joining the VLVS challenge this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I told you on Facebook already and but I freaking love this little canvas! Fantastic work and Thanks for joining us at Viva las Vegastamps for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.